Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Survived Salviniae

This anthurium salviniae was also travelled with my anthurium marie. It was sent from Florida with leaves almost 1 meter length but almost all parts of the plants was rotten when it was arrived. I cleaned up the rotten leaves and roots. When I planted it, the rotten process was never stopped and this worrying me. So I make the final cut of the rooten stem and root, exposed it to morning sun till it was dried. Then I planted it again in a mixture of compost and orchid barks. A month later, life sign start to sprouted, new leaves, and there's 4 of them. Now they grow quiet fast and promising outlook to regain its former form. It was told that this one of the most gigantic bird's nest anthurium used to be found next to Maya's ruined temples.

No comments: